DISABLED AMERICAN VETERANS COOKEVILLE CHAPTER 117 MINUTES
- 5 September 2015
- PRAYER AND BREAKFAST
0900 HRS OPEN MEETING
- CALL TO ORDER- CDR ROBERT HINES
- OPENING PRAYER- KEN MATHENEY
- PLEDGE/ MOMENT OF SILENCE – KEN MATHENEY
- RON ROHRBACK – SPOKE ON HELPING HOMELESS VETS; FUNDED BY VA; COVERS 14 COUNTIES; GOAL IS TO END VET HOMELESSNESS BY DECEMBER 2015; ASKED FOR VOLUNTEERS TO HELP FIND HOMELESS VETS TO GET THEM ASSISTANCE.
- FREDDY NELSON – COUNTY TRUSTEE – GAVE OUT BROCHURE; TALKED ABOUT PROPERTY TAX ISSUES FOR VETS AND THE COUNTY CUT OFF FOR TAX ASSISTANCE FOR DISABLED VETS.
ROLL CALL OF OFFICERS BY ADJUTANT TONY SCIONTI JR.
RECOGNIZED ALL VISITORS- TONY SCIONTI JR.
- COMMANDER ROBERT HINES- PRESENT
- SR VICE COMMANDER BILL FISH – PRESENT
- JUNIOR VICE COMMANDER JOHN WARD- PRESENT
- ADJUTANT TONY SCIONTI JR – PRESENT
- TREASURER NEIL FRANCE – PRESENT
- OFFICER OF THE DAY RICHARD BROTHERTON – ABSENT
- SERGENT AT ARMS – VACANT
- CHAPLIN – STEVEN HENRY / JIMMIE SIMPSON – ABSENT
- CSO/DAVA – JEANETTE SMITH – PRESENT
MINUTES APPROVED FOR AUGUST-
- Freddy Nelson and Gus Rich.
- MOTION MADE BY KEN MATHENEY, SECONDED BY TAMMY PHILLIPS, NO DISCUSSION; MINUTES APPROVED FOR AUGUST
- TREASURER NEIL FRANCE SUBMITTED TREASURER REPORT
- Total Assets of $5,751.64; includes income and donations of $209.25 and disbursements of $367.31 including a benevolent disbursement of $150.00.
- Full report attached to minutes.
- SR VICE COMMANDER BILL FISH
- CHAPLAIN PRESENTED BY JIMMIE SIMPSON / STEVEN HENRY
- TRANSPORTATION REPORT BY TAMMY PHILLIPS
- DAVA/ CSO JEANETTE SMITH
- VOLUNTEER HOURS COLLECTED
- Dinner for Joe Miller discussed
- Proposal to relocate to Life Church for monthly meeting put to discussion. Decided to inform and request input of all not present via email and regular mail. Presence will be maintained at Veteran’s Hall by periodic coffees and possible Annual Meetings.
- Agent Orange cut off for filing ends September 30, 2015. See VA website
- Cooking on the Square on October 30th; motion to participate and fund floored; motion made by Bill Fish, seconded by Jerry Van Horn; discussion agrees; motion passed
VETERAN OF THE MONTH: none
- Announcement thanking LEO’s in the community for there service.
- CMP’s on Briley Parkway is designated by VA as turndown or reduce claim amount.
- An all veteran’s pick-nick is tentatively scheduled for October 17, 2015.
- White County Fair – supporters of the State Veterans Cemetery need volunteers for Monday and Friday night.
- Jeanette’s Church made donation for sending packages to Iraq / Afganistan.
- REMINDER WEDNESDAY COFFEE AT LIFE CHURCH @ 0900 HRS.
NEXT MEETING OCTOBER 3RD , 2015 @ Veteran’s Hall
90 E. State St., COOKEVILLE TN, @ 0900.
Jerry Van Horn
Freddie Nelson (V)
Tony Scionti Jr.
Gus Rich (V)
- JERRY VAN HORN-MOTION MADE TO ADJOURN AND RAY TEAGARTEN- SECONDED;MEETING ADJOURNED